Monday, November 17, 2008

Two Are Better Than One


To borrow a line from Ecclesiastes 4:9 and apply it differently (no I am not teaching any heresy here), two services were way better than one this past Sunday.

Once again I have to confess my lack of faith. I really did not expect to see THAT many people in the 9am service. But when they all settled in my concern was that no one would come at 10:30. WRONG! The second service was bigger than the first! What an amazing day.

I am so proud of all our volunteers and the hard work they put in getting ready and then serving Sunday. I am so proud of our staff for all the hours and work they put in to getting ready for Sunday. I am so proud of everyone who attended and were a part of a record attendance. It's all about people. While it's true that numbers represent people, keep in mind that we do what we do for people not for numbers.

I feel like we just launched again. Like it's January 6, 2008, when we launched Midtowne Church. That's what it seems like we are doing by adding this service. The excitement, momentum, and presence of God is just overwhelming. I can't wait to see what He is going to do next.

So What? Get in. Jump on. Get involved in all that God is doing here. We are positioned to impact our world in an even bigger way now and we need your help. This is not about a single person or program. It is all about reaching more people with God's love so they can get in on His Best for their life. Come check us out this Sunday at 9 or 10:30. If you don't like it, that's cool. Just find somewhere to plug in and serve. That's what it's all about. Growing and serving.

No comments: