Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful


I just finished looking back at some of my posts from this time last year. I was struck by a couple of things.

First, as I read them I could hear myself saying those words and I could literally feel the excitement. That was an amazing time for Midtowne Church.

The other things I noticed was how focused I was on even the "small" things that were happening at that time. Things like a small traffic jam one Sunday morning as people were showing up for one of our preview services. And the excitement over stage lights being hung in the warehouse.

So here we are today, a year later and I am feeling a bit nostalgic as I look back. I know that seems weird since it has only been a year but so much has happened in a short period of time. I guess what has really hit me is that there is so much to be thankful for this year. I know a lot of us say that every year but this year it is different for me. A new church, a new "family", a new "job", a new staff, a new perspective on church and life in general, a new tire cover for my Jeep (sorry I got off a little...).

So What? It is important that we stop and truly give thanks this year so that we don't forget. Don't forget what God has done and what He is doing. Don't forget the people who have made these things possible. Don't forget the changes that He has brought in the lives of so many people. Don't forget that there is more to come, that there are still a ton of people out there who need to know about His love. Don't forget the little things.

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for you (even though I don't know who is reading this and who is not and even though I may not even really know you at all, I am thankful that you have the opportunity to getin on God's love.).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!