Thursday, April 9, 2009

Stinkin Awesome Sunday is Coming!


I guess it's going to be an awesome day. Usually, when things go the way they have for the past two days, Sunday turns out pretty stinkin awesome!

I have had so many distractions, frustrations, and generally stupid things happen this week. Here I am trying to prepare for the biggest day that Christians celebrate and I'm facing all kinds of junk.

I have to admit, I didn't handle it well at first. I got mad. I said ugly things. I started to give up. It was not good. But this morning in the shower I got some perspective (no I am not going to go into detail about my shower. It just so happens that I do my best thinking in the shower.)

I was thinking and praying and realized what was going on. The stinkin devil was doing a number on me. He was working hard at messing me up and getting me off track. Man, he is good at what he does. But we have the power in Jesus to handle his sorry...self.

I was praying and telling the devil to step off and God helped me get my stuff together. I would like to say that things went really smoothly today, but that's not true. I just handled things a little better and everything got done that needed to be done.

So What? Don't let the junk that the devil throws at you keep you from getting in on God's best. Tell the devil to get out of your grille and call on God's power to help you through. Remember, Easter is all about the power that raised Jesus from the grave so that He could prove that He has beaten sin and the devil. As a follower of Christ, you have that same power available to you.

I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 1:19-20 NLT

Get ready for an awesome Sunday!

No comments: