Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I've Done Some Really Bad Things


That's the answer to the question I asked a lady recently. The question? It was "Why did you say you won't go to Heaven?"

I was meeting with her to to talk about joining Midtowne Church. As I do with everyone I meet with who is interested in joining our church, I asked her if she thought she would go to Heaven. She was very matter of fact and said, "No." I was a bit caught off guard by her candor and then asked the follow up question.

Here's where it gets good. I asked if she knew what it took to get to Heaven. With the same matter-of-fact tone and expression, her reply was basically this. She said she knew she had to turn her life around and give Jesus control of it. She said that she believed that Jesus died on the cross for her sin and that He is the only way to be forgiven and the only way to Heaven.

I was very surprised. Not by her answer, because she was right. But I was surprised that, even though she knew how to get to Heaven, she had not done what it takes to get there. Since I am the type that likes to get right to the point, I asked, "What are you waiting for?" Her answer: "I'm ready."

It was amazing to share this experience with her. I prayed with her in my office and she gave her life to Jesus.

So What? It just really doesn't matter what you have done. Jesus died for you and He can and will forgive you and give you eternal life in Heaven and a fulfilling life on Earth. Also, just knowing what to do is not enough. You must take action. If you have never asked Jesus to come in to your life, why not do it right now? A simple prayer of faith saying that you believe He died on the cross for your sin and came back to life so that you can have eternal life and a meaningful life on Earth is all it takes.

But that's not the end. I am looking forward to baptizing that lady soon and helping her grow in her relationship with God and I would love to do the same for you. If you need to ask Jesus into your life, send me an email and let me know how I can help you.

Stay tuned...

No comments: