Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Amazing


They were completely amazed and said again and again, "Everything He does is wonderful." Mark 7:36-37 NLT

Even after Jesus told the deaf man with the speech impediment and all those watching not to say anything about this, they told anyway.

When was the last time you were so amazed by something God did that you had to tell someone else about it, you just could not keep quiet about it?

I had lunch with a guy today and he asked me about Midtowne and how we started. As I began to tell the story for what is probably the millionth time (ministerially speaking), I found myself smiling and filled with amazement. God just keeps on doing amazing things here. I don't know why I am surprised but I am. He promised He would and He always keeps His word.

Why does He keep on doing amazing things? Not because of me I'm sure. But I think the answer is found in the earlier part of the story quoted above. The man in need was brought to Jesus by some people who obviously believed that Jesus could and would heal him. The man was in the right place at the right time. He put himself, or at least allowed himself to be put in, a position to be amazed. When you and I put ourselves, our friends, our family members, coworkers, neighbors, and team mates in the right place at the right time, God always does something amazing.

So What? What position do you need to be in right now? Who do you know who you can help get in a position for God to do something amazing in their life? And most importantly, why are you not taking action to make it happen?

Instantly the man could hear perfectly, and his tongue was freed so he could speak plainly! Mark 7:31 NLT

No comments: