Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"You're Only Three Months Old"


OK. I know that. Maybe I am a little impatient. Maybe I am setting my hopes too high. Maybe I am expecting too much. Or am I?

That comment came from a friend at lunch yesterday as I told him about some of my concerns at Midtowne. There are things I am wanting to do, see happen, and participate in but they don't seem to be coming together. As I mentioned some of this the reality check statement jolted me back into 2008.

When this thing started on January 6, I really didn't know what to expect. And quite honestly it has been incredible. God has done amazing things in only three months. But I want more. I so desire to see people reach their potential. I have a passion for helping people "find and experience God's Best for their life." I long to see families changed by the love of God and a community impacted with mercy and grace. So maybe I need to be more patient.

Here is what I read in my time alone with God this morning. How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort? Galatians 3:3 NLT

We are only 3 months old. We started this thing in the leadership of the Holy Spirit. We will continue in the leadership of the Holy Spirit. I will submit to Him and His timing, not my own. I hope you will join me today in whatever it is that God is leading you to do and allow Him to lead. Funny, it's always better that way anyway.

No comments: