Sunday, December 9, 2007

Not Another Cookie Cutter Weekend


What a weekend! We had our Family Christmas Festival Saturday and it was a great success. We had good attendance and met several new people from the neighborhoods around the building. All of the games went great and I can't say enough about our volunteers. Someone made a good observation and helped me get perspective. To have that kind of event and that kind of participation after only two services was pretty stinkin' awesome.

Two of the families I met were new to the area, looking for a church home, and in need of ministry. I was able to pray with one of them before they left and we will be able to follow up on them in the days and weeks to come and make sure that their needs are met and experience God's love through us. That's what it's all about.

Our service this morning was great too. While I was standing in the parking lot this morning greeting people as they arrived, I looked up and noticed that there was a brief traffic jam in front of the building. We had cars turning in from both ways! I know that's a little thing but it was really cool for us. I think the volunteers in the parking lot almost broke into applause!

Attendance was good. Music was great. Spirit was exciting and I thought the message was pretty good too. We had a bunch of new people there and even had many there who were at the festival the day before and/or had received one of our cookie cutters last week.

God is up to something. I am thankful to be a part of it. I am thankful for all of our volunteers. I am excited about what God is going to do in and through us. This will not be a Cookie Cutter Christmas for us!

No comments: