Tuesday, February 13, 2007

leaving on a jet plane

Some of you have never heard that song, but it is a classic made popular by The Mamas and the Papas. John Denver wrote it in 1969 while sitting in an airport.

Why would I mention that? Because I am leaving on a jet plane! I am so excited about my trip! I'm going to LA!

I will be attending a conference out there that really has me excited. I am really expecting big things from this experience and look forward to coming back to Rock Creek and putting what I learn into practice. I really believe that I will be able to look back on this as a significant turning point in my ministry.

I am also excited because my family is going to join me out there after the conference and we are going to Disneyland! This is a huge answer to prayer. We have been praying for more than a year that we would be able to take our family to Disney. God has worked it out so that we can all go and so that it won't cost us very much at all. I wish I could go into all the detail of it but suffice it to say that God uses people. We give God the credit for making this happen and thank Him for making our dream come true.

I am looking forward to talking more about my trip when I return. Please pray that I take full advantage of this opportunity that God has given me.

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."

No comments: